16 July 2006

Heineken Match Fixing Scandal

In the wake of the Italian Match fixing scandal and the relegation of Juve, Lazio and Fiorentina to Serie B, Rovers Chairman Dean Rossiter has emphaticaly denied a media leak that Charles Smith received a dozen Heineken for fixing the loss to Ten Left Feet. "I couldn't comment on whether Charlie has been involved in betting with club sponsor Tony Lester, but believe me if Charlie acquired a dozen beer I can assure you he wouldn't have off-loaded it to Ten Left Feet to ensure a loss". Rovers Manager Hall said it beggared belief that Smith was been accused of giving away beer "Anyone who has tried to prise Charlie away from an ale will know he wouldn't be giving away a Heineken to lose a match, anyway we're perfectly capable of losing without assistance". Hall confirmed however Rovers were not yet at the point of trying to buy a win.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I strongly suggest that no one puts the word Heineken into Google and searches for images, well not in work time anyway.

Anonymous said...

I did what the Chief Censor said and oh my God Charlie - don't look