29 January 2007

Munted

Land Rovers slumped to their heaviest league defeat today when taken to the cleaners by an energetic Ten Left Feet. "I blame myself" said Land Rovers Manager Steve Hall "as I stood myself down from selection for the day and the boys turned in a below par effort". Hall said the defensive side of the Rovers game fell apart and at time the opposition were walking through and taking pot shots. "The discipline wasn't there and I think we had too many easy games and failed to lift our game for the big match" said Hall "and Charlie (pictured) was a bit soft in goal". Fortunately the game was meaningless as far as qualification went and Land Rovers actually got the easier semi-final draw as a result. "We've drawn Brookers at 12.30 on 7 February at the Shed of Dreams" said Hall "and I'm expecting we'll be getting another crack at Ten Left Feet in two weeks".

Final Score: Rovers 1 Ten Left Feet 10

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know my Charlie was behind a leaky defence - what could he do.

Anonymous said...

One to forget