19 January 2007

Smith Selection Puzzler

Land Rovers Manager Steve Hall confirmed this evening that he was undecided on whether Charlie Smith would play for Rovers again. Smith about to return from the UK has been absent during a period of considerable on field success for Rovers with six straight wins. "I'm not saying the lad is disruptive" said Hall "but we look a far more disciplined unit when he isn't in the country". Smith who returns to New Zealand for only a short time before making a permanent move to Perth was hopeful he'd get some game time before he left. "I'm sure the gaffer will give me a run" said Smith "after all I'm a team founder". Hall said there was little doubt that Smith was useful for marketing purposes and retaining him might sell shirts. "I heard rumours LA Galaxy are interested in talking to Charlie" said Hall "which no doubt explains his three days in California on the way home".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Charlie is the missing link . .

Anonymous said...

ovril Rovers perhaps??