23 January 2007

Smith Retires

Charlie Smith retired from all football yesterday for five minutes before being drafted back into the Rovers squad for the match tomorrow against Provoke Evolution. "I thought I'd flag it away as I'm moving to Perth anyway" said Smith "but with injuries and unavailability I was immediately called out of retirement for the match tomorrow". Smith will return as goalkeeper initially, a position that tends to get his blood pressure up. "The lad usually has a bit to say for himself when he plays in goal" said Land Rovers Manager Steve Hall "but with several players unavailable for this match we needed his services so he's straight back in after his English sojourn". Mystery Matt will also make his season debut after starring in the final series last season. "We need a bit of punch up front" said Hall "I've been strangely off my normal goal scoring form since I became grossly unfit around October".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Smithy will be there to win that second trophy

Anonymous said...

Charlie attracts trophies of all sorts . . .