22 January 2007

Smith Dreams Of Trophy

Charlie Smith returned to New Zealand dreaming of winning one more trophy before he headed off to live in Perth. "I've seen some of the biggest trophies in the game on my travels" said Smith "and I want to win the championship one more time before my Rovers time is up". Smith said he was back to challenge for a place in the Rovers line up and disregarded suggestions from the manager that he wouldn't make the squad again. "He's playing head games with me to get me motivated" said Smith "but frankly after seeing all that silverware I'm raring to go". Land Rovers Manager Steve Hall was unavailable for comment on whether Smith was in the line up for Wednesday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Charlie is going on to bigger and better things in Perth. I reckon he'll play for the Glory.

Anonymous said...

Dream on son.