21 May 2006

Pollock Says Referee Wrong

Rovers supporters club president Liz Pollock said this afternoon that the referee for the Champions League final was wrong to apologise for blowing his whistle too soon and sending Jans Lehmann off. "Not that I've got anything against those scumbags Arsenal" snarled Pollock "but the referee should have sent him off, allowed the Barcelona goal and then sent off another Arsenal player for good measure". Pollock is still recovering from Spurs missing out on the Champions League spot after supposedly suffering from food poisoning before the vital match. "My body went out in sympathy with the Spurs team, I've felt like crap ever since".

Rovers Manager Steve Hall said he was always concerned when London clubs didn't perform well "Yeah I was really cut up about that" said Hall " just like when Chelsea went out- I'll celebrated for a week- oh I mean commiserated" Rovers look forward to a rematch this week with the only team to beat them this season Infinity. "We're likely to play them in the semi-final a week later so we'll be looking to kick some butt" said Hall "I've got Smith out running shuttles as we speak".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm only a poor man from Barcelona - I thought I do the right thing.