17 May 2006

Smith Takes Helm

Charles Smith was today named captain for todays fixture against Intergen at Shed 1. Manager Steve Hall said "I've been sick for a few days and frankly I'm starting to suspect someone poisoned me, it's the fashionable way to get ill these days". Smith who only yesterday said he taught Steve Gerrard the finer points of shooting from long range, will get the chance to make his name as he leads the squad into the match. "Infinity were beaten on Monday so we can go top with a win today" said Hall "so let's hope the lads don't miss my incisive leadership, silky touches and charisma".

Smith said "I was looking for the opportunity to step up to captain, but I deny all knowledge of spiking Steve's drink or poisoning his sandwiches". Smith said he thought he would bring some new and innovative touches to the squad, and would put new signing Alex Natelli through his paces. "If anything goes wrong I'll be blaming the new boy" quipped Smith "but with Chris Riddle back I have always got a choice of scapegoats".

No comments: