05 May 2006

Smith Goes Walkabout

Land Rovers Manager Steve Hall said that Charlie Smith has gone missing for several days after his on-going celebration of Pompey's amazing escape from relegation. He was last seen raving on about "the great escape" and then said he'd come down with the bloke flu. "Obviously I'm worried about the lad but we're relieved he doesn't have the chick flu" said Hall "and we're confident at this stage that he'll be able to play in goal against Solnet on Monday". Hall remained tight lipped about the exact line up of his team against Solnet but said he was prepared to do an exclusive deal if a womens magazine offered him $1.4 million dollars. "I can confirm I've been looking at Irene Van Dyke but we still have a small disparity between what we can offer her and what she is asking for" droned Hall.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok Stevie - I'll cut my offer down to $1.2 million for you.