21 November 2006

Lundberg Denies Management Aspirations

Retired Land Rovers player Paul Lundberg denied this evening that he had ambitions to take over as Land Rovers Manager. Lundberg had a short and unmemorable career as a Land Rovers player but has nonetheless been linked with the Rovers Management role through his golfing association with Charlie "Tiger" Smith. "I'd like to say the fact I hang round a lot with Charlie is not evidence of a management ambition" said Lundberg "it is more evidence that we both like a stroll round the golf course during the late afternoon". Land Rovers Chairman Dean Rossiter said Lundberg was "not in the frame" for the role of manager but would not disclose if the club was in discussions with Alan Ball who is rumoured to be interested in a New Zealand based role.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Paul is a lovely boy - he plays golf with my Charlie

Anonymous said...

Where do I sign up??

Anonymous said...

You keep your mits off my Paul