06 August 2006

Escott: I'm 100% behind Marton O'Neill

Land Rovers Sponsor Sue Escott said this morning that she agreed wholeheartedly with Martin O'Neill's recent comments that Aston Villa would be a top team again. O'Neill said Villa would be up there with the very best and he is determined to achieve that goal after beginning a one-year rolling contract. "I have every confidence in Martin O'Neill" said Escott a Villa fanatic "and I think Chelsea must be quaking in their boots at the prospect of a title challenge from Villa this season".

Land Rovers Manager Steve Hall said you couldn't rule out a Villa revival "Who knows what the future might bring, in a hundred years time a Russian Billionaire might pump money into Villa and they could finish in the top half of the table" said Hall "and Port Vale could be European Champions". Hall said Villa's bid for World Domination had got off to a slow start with a 0-0 draw with Hanover.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fat Chance

Anonymous said...

Villa are hardly the glamour club of Europe, they are about as fashionable as Glen Hoddle.

Anonymous said...

I resent that - I'm a legend in my own mind.