14 April 2006

Fatu "I'm no sex symbol"

After a week of speculation on the training ground that that Mark Fatu had developed a female fan club, the midfielder has issued a press release to confirm he is focussing on his football. "Yes the interest is flattering" said the athletically built Fatu "but I'm learning my trade with the Rovers and keeping my place in the side is my top priority". Fatu would not comment on rumours that he was been chased by several magazines for a story with a "romance angle".

"Some of these boys need a firm hand" professed manager Hall "I'm thinking of imposing a curfew for the five minutes before each match if this female attention gets out of hand". Rovers lie third on the table after two wins and a loss and are quietly confident of snatching a win against Ten Left Feet next Wednesday. "As long as the supporters don't throw underwear on the pitch" quipped Hall "then I think we'll appreciate the extra support that Mark's following brings to the team".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mark makes me go weak at the knees