16 April 2006

Smith in Seventh Heaven

Pompey fanatic Charles Smith was in seventh heaven this morning as Portsmouth dispatched Middlesbrough 1 - 0 in the Premiership. "I hope I get trapped in a lift again this week with a Boro supporter" mused Smith "I would be happy to give my analysis of the game against the vastly superior Pompey team".

"He'll be unbearable all week" said Saints supporter Chris Riddle "it's starting to look like they won't be dropping down for a game against us next season". Smith immediately declared a four day holiday and confirmed he will be unavailable for the next Rovers fixture against Ten Left Feet. "I'm as committed to the Rovers as the next guy" suggested Smith "but Pompey are my first love and I'll be taking a few days off to celebrate this one".

Hall was uncharacteristically supportive of Smith's decision "He'll be a pain in the butt anyway this week so we'll all avoid several days of drivel this way. Heaven help us if Pompey avoid relegation he'll probably need a month off. Rovers have the player depth to beat Ten Left Feet so we're happy to let Charlie wander round the golf course in a daze for a few days".

No comments: