28 June 2006

Cosmic Disturbance Hinders Rovers

Newly appointed club psychic Slick Ultra confirmed this afternoon that Land Rovers had no chance of winning their game today against Assure United due to negative vibrations in the fourth dimension. “The alignment of Uranus and Pluto set up an unusual disturbance in the cosmic fabric of the fourth dimension” said Ultra “the natural transference of karma waves through the dimensional matrix led to a spectral distortion in the area immediately between The Terrace and Lambton Quay. Unfortunately the alignment of tea leaves in the Lambton House tenth floor tea pot, led to a sub-space rift that impacted negatively on the corpus amygdaloideum in the medial temporal lobe of the Land Rovers players”. Club Psychologist Liz O’Brien commented on Ultra’s analysis “It’s a load of twaddle, the team went out with a slack attitude and paid the price”.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

...is there a name for what's wrong with Slick?

Anonymous said...

Yeah - I noticed that. I went shopping at lunchtime for a handbag and I couldn't find one I liked...

Anonymous said...

I wondered why Charlie was a bit friskier than usual - we need more of these cosmic disturbances.

Anonymous said...

I told him that his drinking would eventually catch up with him.

Anonymous said...

Don't you kill my brother?