14 June 2006

"I'm no Ronaldiniho" moans Smith

Charlie Smith today took time out from his extensive World Cup watching schedule to comment on the proposal for him to develop juggling skills like the Brazillians. "It's not British and I'm no Ronaldo" complained Smith "and where I come from you're considered a bit if a nancy boy if you juggle the ball in the air". Smith said his recent lack of goal scoring was down to "creative differences" with his team mates, but he largely put the blame on the referees who appeared to be penalising him for his rough and tumble approach. "I'd like to give some of these referees the benefit of my experience as they seem to be on another planet" said Smith "but I'm not going out there like a big girl's blouse and playing that poncy Brazillian stuff. Manager Hall could not be reached for comment and was said to be on a "planning day".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I support Smithy on his stand, there is to much of this softly softly stuff in the game today.

Anonymous said...

Play the man not the ball - now juggling a couple of dwalves might be more interesting