28 June 2006

Manuel Labour

Anyone who thought Spain underperformed in their match against France at the World Cup, should have seen El Rovers playing Assure United today at the Shed of Dreams. "I'd say we approached this game very casually and once the game kicked off we got looser from there" said Rovers Manager Steve Hall "the concept of marking the opposition seemed to evade us and the opposition had a great time taking free shots at out goal. The sad part is they weren't even a very good team". Hall said that Rovers would be practicing tackling old ladies over the next week to improve their skills, although he suspected that it would take a few days for the team to be able to catch up with anyone under the age of eighty. "I know what the Spanish team must be feeling like today, I thought at one point of changing my name to Manuel" said Hall.

In other news, a choked up Dean Rossiter fought back the tears as he reflected on the travesty that was the Italian penalty against Australia. "Honesty, some of the houses I rent out are better dives than that" said Rossiter "and I object to being robbed of a game by a player who doesn't even fall over without any class". Rossiter contended that football was a silly game anyway and he would stick to watching Aussie Rules from now on.

Final Score El Rovers 2 Assure United 8

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is just what I mean! If the boys spent less time getting manicures and pedicures because they all think they're celebrities they'd spend more time getting the ball in the back of the net.

I mean it! If I have to stop the car and come back there you'll regret it! Get out there and get on with it!

Anonymous said...

I smell something funny about Billy