19 June 2006

Rovers Down But Not Out

With the absence of Hall, Smith and Grant from the semi-final, Land Rovers put up a creditable performance against Computer Says No with only five players. The teams traded blows to reach 5 - 5 before the lack of subs took its toll and Rovers went down 7 - 5. Manager Steve Hall was on a "leadership" course at a undisclosed Martinborough Vineyard "I'm proud of the boys and I'm picking up some interesting pointers for next season over here at the Vineyard" said Hall "and the power has been out for an hour now so I just want the team to know I'm slumming it in the dark". Hall said the vineyard was putting on free wine to cheer things along but he was not able to participate due to his intensive training regime. The new season kicks of next week with three grading rounds.

Final Score Land Rovers 5 Computer Says No 7

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hall is clearly suffering over there at that vineyard and the team is suffering without him. Let's hope he's picking up those leadership tips that will help the team out in the new season.

Anonymous said...

Hall will need the latest research to sort out this lot.

Anonymous said...

I really feel for Steve - it sounds really tough over there.

Anonymous said...

Normally I'd say toughen up- but even I can see how tough it is for Hall over there on that vineyard. I hope he makes it through for the sake of all football.