18 June 2006

Rossiter Talent Spotting in Sydney


Chairman Dean Rossiter said today he was 100% behind Australias bid to beat Brazil at 4 am tomorrow New Zealand time. "I'm a big Aussie supporter so I'm off to Sydney in the morning to soak up the atmosphere". Rossiter was reluctant to comment on speculation he was in Sydney to look at potential players to recruit for the upcoming indoor season starting next week. "You don't have to be a rocket scientist to see we'll need some new talent to be the best team in Wellington by 2030, so if I look for a bit of talent while I'm in Sydney that will be no big surprise"

Meanwhile Charlie Smith was recalled to the Land Rovers squad for the third place play-off tomorrow against Computer Says No. "This will be a tough game against a team who went unbeaten through the round robin" said Rovers Manager Hall "and with two regulars including myself out we need Charlies experience in the squad so he is back from the wilderness". Hall said the third place play off wasn't a big game now Rovers were out of the final. "We'll go through a rebuilding phase for the grading games next week" said Hall "and I'm off to Martinborough for a week for an intensive review of tactics at a local winery".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I suspect the beaches will be the place to look - you know how beach soccer has taken off.