10 December 2006

Big In Japan

The whirlwind visit of Charles Smith to Tokyo was certainly not the only event of interest in Japan today as Auckland City prepare for their World Club Championship match this evening. Smith went almost unnoticed as a glittering array of football talent entered the country, and not surprisingly he was not mistaken for Ronaldiniho by the Japanese press. Land Rovers Manager Steve Hall said the Rovers club gave Auckland City best wishes and Hall said he would be watching the match against African and Egyptian Champions Al Ahly (kick off 11 pm Shed 1 time). "I know it is a Jafa team playing and I wouldn't normally follow them" said Hall "but former Team Wellington player Bryan Little is in the team so I'll lend my our support for this one". Hall said with the Knights playing Adelaide and Team Wellington taking on Waitakere it would be a busy day for local football followers. "Hopefully we'll get two out of three results" said Hall " but I don't fancy the Knights chances to be honest and none of the teams I'm supporting will be starting favourites".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Smith would be big in any city