13 December 2006

Rossiter To Leave At End Of The Season

Land Rovers Chairman Dean Rossiter confirmed that he would be staying on until the end of the current season, but had longer term aims to leave the glorious Wellington weather behind him. "When I heard that Charlie Smith was moving to Perth, I thought the idea of moving to Oz had appeal" said Rossiter "but obviously I wanted to stay well clear of Charlie so I'll be in Brisbane which should be just far enough away". Rossiter said the club had moved from strength to strength under his stewardship and it now looked like bowing out with a second championship win was a distinct possibility. "I think we've built a squad that could take us into Division 6" said Rossiter "and I'll watch with interest as I recline on the beach in Queensland to see what happens next". Rossiter said that whilst there was appeal in staying on in Wellington as Chairman as Rovers, after difficult deliberations the sunny climate and relaxed lifestyle of Queensland had won the day by the narrowest of margins.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Work versus the beach is a no brainer really - I'll go to work and Charlie will sit on the beach

Anonymous said...

Nice Beach - Nice Jellyfish