09 December 2006

Smith Gives Hickey Advice

Charles Smith failed to leave the country quietly when he ran into Noah Hickey at Auckland International Airport this morning and gave Hickey some advice on the finer points of the game. Smith waiting for his plane to Japan, did not miss the opportunity to pass on his footballing experience to the Knights "striker" who has the knack of not finding the net with the Knights this season. "I gave him a bit of advice based on my last goal" said Smith "that you won't score unless you shoot and if he pulls finger he might still score another goal before the season ends". The Knights off to Adelaide to play against Romario were grateful for Smith's insights and thanked him before boarding their plane. Smith has a stop over in Tokyo and will watch video of the J League to see if there are any perspective Rovers prospects in the league. "If the Knights can import Chinese players" said Smith "I guess we can import Japanese players".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great advice from Charlie, I think I'll score tomorrow

Anonymous said...

Charlie knows his stuff

Anonymous said...

Would Charlie Smith be interested in becoming my manager??