23 December 2006

Smith Chats Up Seaman

Charlie Smith's rampage through England took on greater significance when he met former England goalkeeper David Seaman in Harrods coffee bar. "I spent the whole day trooping round the shops and sights of London with the wife and a massive hangover" informed Smith "I decided to go the Harrods coffee bar while the Mrs shopped, and I was sitting there minding my own business and this tall guy sat down next to me". Smith instantly failed to recognise the stranger who asked him if there was anyone sitting next to him. "After a while I realised it was David Seaman with a clean shave and no pony tail" said Smith "so we had a chat and he said he'd look up the Rovers site". Land Rovers Manager Steve Hall said Smith talking to seaman in a bar was about par for the course for a Pompey supporter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Even England players recognise my Charlie and want a chat . .