07 December 2006

Smith Off

Charlie Smith was set to push off to the UK for a six week excursion tomorrow that will take in Pompey games at Anfield, Emerates Stadium and of course Fratton Park. "I'm looking forward to the trip but especially the opportunity to see Pompey stuff Spurs, always one of the highlights of the Premiership season" said Smith "and when I come back I have to make immediate plans to depart for sunny Perth". Smith said he expected to sneak in another game or two for Rovers before setting up a Rovers franchise in Western Australia. "I'm lucky that the manager has sold me the Western Australian Rovers franchise for $10000" said Smith "I always wanted to run a successful team". Land Rovers Manager Steve Hall said it would be quiet without Smith. "It will be like ripping out a page in Rovers history" said Hall "the biggest event since Chris Riddle moved to the South Auckland waste lands".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Charlie will be in great demand by the international media after his exposure through the Rovers.

Anonymous said...

Smith is a great loss to New Zealand and I'm sure he will be welcomed with open arms whereever he ends up.

Anonymous said...

We'll send Smith and Pompey packing with no points. We might even evict Smith if he cause a ruckus.