06 December 2006

Elton In Town

Former Watford Chairman Elton John played a concert in Wellington last night in perfect conditions before a crowd of 35000. Land Rovers Manager Steve Hall confirmed that he attended the event hoping to have a word to Elton about a cash injection into the Land Rovers Football Club. "Obviously if we're to achieve our aim to be the best in Wellington by 2030, we're going to need to either improve the skills of our current squad by throwing cash at them or we'll need some new players" said Hall "and right now in my current state of employment the throwing cash at it is the favoured option". Hall said he was sure the team would train harder if they were all able to turn professional and work at it full time. "I'm noticing the benefits of being outside on a beautiful day already" said Hall "and I think with a bit of Elton's cash I could become quite accustomed to the lifestyle".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember when Elton was pretending to be straight . . .

Anonymous said...

I locked my Charlie up for the night while Elton was in town - I knew my Charlie would feel threatened . .

Anonymous said...

I felt a little queer while Elton was here.