24 December 2006

Smith "It Must Be Christmas"

Pompey got three home points this morning to stay in the top four Champions League slots. Charlie Smith in attendance at Fratton Park but it was his visit to London that was keeping the local press interested in his activities. "Went up to London to meet up with some old workmates and this girl I know let me stay in her one bedroom flat" confessed Smith "so as you'd expect I ended up getting very drunk and met a bloke from Brisbane, one from Melbourne and a guy from Wanganui" Smith said he drank a lot of champagne and went back to the one bedroom flat. "I slept on the sofa all night" claims Smith "and in the morning got up and let myself out". Land Rovers Manager Steve Hall said he thought Smith might be doing a lot more sleeping on the sofa after his story hit the international media.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He stayed on the sofa honest

Anonymous said...

It was crowded on that sofa I can tell you.

chux said...

Did old snake hips tell you about trying to dance with an old lady in a bar called RED and nearly knocking her out with an overly enthusiastic right elbow?? poor woman needed ice on her chin.

I tried to get on the sofa too but was put off when charlie offered to go top and tail!!