06 September 2006

Riddle Sent Off For Last Time

Chris Riddle was given a rousing send off this afternoon as he finished his last day in the capital. "I'm overcome by emotion" said Riddle "I didn't realise how much the Rovers meant to me before now, they're bigger than Southampton". Charles Smith said he felt "absolutely nothing" at the departure of Riddle. "I always say the only good Southampton supporter is one that's leaving town" said Smith "although those aren't the exact words I usually use". Land Rovers Manager Steve Hall said Riddle would be missed. "I'm concerned now that Charlie will turn his guns on Port Vale, he's been well occupied with Southampton since Chris has been here". Hall said Riddle had certainly provided character to the Rovers club, and was the player most often remembered by the opposition and referees.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He's gone to that great sin bin in Jafaland